When people are curious about Applied Behavior Analysis, want to know what it is a BCBA does, need classroom resources or just want to go down a rabbit hole of knowledge, they will sometimes ask me about YouTube channels. Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):
- PsychCore: For those studying ABA or struggling with ABA technical terms.
- Mary Barbera: Dr. Barbera is a registered nurse, a certified Behavior Analyst, and a mom of a son with autism. She also wrote The Verbal Behavior Approach (aligns with the VB-MAPP). Her YouTube Channel is amazing for finding easy to understand resources on everything from conducting an assessment to Potty Training. She has also started a podcast!
- The Daily BA: A YouTube channel where a BCBA (known as Ryan O) uses behavior analysis to explore Why We Do What We Do (also the name of his podcast). He has videos on everything from explaining what ABA is to why your ex is so crazy.
- The Autism Helper: Started by Sasha Long, BCBA, The Autism Helper is a YouTube channel, a podcast, and a website. Her YouTube channel has everything from classroom resources, to helping your teaching assistants be successful, to classroom management.
- Behavior Babe: The Behavior Babe is also known as Dr. Amanda Kelly, BCBA. She is a BCBA from Hawaii. Dr. Kelly has a podcast in addition to her YouTube Channel. Dr. Kelly’s channel has videos explaining what ABA is, video modeling, and how to maintain client dignity.
What YouTube resources do you love?